Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,898
    Good morning all and hello @Pat E 😊 ☕️  Glad all appliances are fully functioning 😊 
    It’s a very quiet and still morning here … overcast and 14C 
    OH has put the garden waste bin out … it’s full of the blighted tomatoes. I’ll be glad to see the back of them, although I did spot the problem early enough to salvage several pounds of tomatoes so I’ve got some of the San Marzano roasted and in the freezer for a midwinter treat with a platter of cheese and charcuterie … that’ll help us look forward to lengthening days again. ☀️ 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,635
    Morning Ergates and Dove. Mild day here, so apart from collecting more sticks for the fire, just playing with my knitting.
    S. E. NSW
    Sounds good @Pat E 😊 Think I’ll mainly be finishing the piccalilli, The veg have been in brine for 24 hours now …. and I really should sweep the floors …. but apart from that I’ll probably be knitting too. I’ll probably get some fish out of the freezer for supper. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,224
    Just a quick hello here, nothing to report. Collected the grandkids yesterday, just got them till tomorrow this time. Mum has got a couple of weekdays off after working the weekend.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,974
    Off for a bit of R&R 🏖🏖🏖.  👋🏻 See you laters 👋🏻 
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,504
    OH took this photo this morning, he’s up before me,  grey clouds, grey Moor but a lovely patch of sunlight in the middle

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,504
    That's a beautiful photo @Lyn and it shows your lovely border, so much better since you cleared and replanted it.

Think I forgot to say good morning earlier. I can't get motivated today. I can't unpack anymore in the new study and utility room until the cupboard and bookcase that I've ordered arrive. Too hot for gardening.

Dordogne and Norfolk
    You've had a busy weekend @Busy-Lizzie ... a busy couple of weeks actually ... put your feet up for a day or two

Right, that's the Cucumber Relish and the Piccalilli done 

Pickled cabbage and shallots to do in the next week or so ... but I don't think that's going to be enough Piccalilli ... Wonky and her brother want some ... I might have to make some more ......... 

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,635
    Love the photo Lyn. Pat him on the back. 

They look good Dove. 👏👏
    S. E. NSW
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,504
    Thank you Liz, it’s certainly better than a row of  Leylandii,  I think you deserve a rest for a while.

Thank you Pat, consider him suitably patted. 
     I’m not very happy with him at the moment,  he’s got a bonfire down there,  admittedly the wind is blowing it away from the house, but it’s still stinking in every room, should have shut the windows before.   I’ve got joss sticks and scented oil burning now. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

This discussion has been closed.