Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🌻🍦🌻August ‘21

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 8,534
    Morning all, a bit drizzly here, am hoping it will brighten up later. I had to cut the long grass in our 'orchard' yesterday on my hands and knees with hedging shears as I'd completely forgotten I'd given my daughter my strimmer earlier in the year. Got half of it (it's not big) but need it dry to do the other half.
    I'm in a bit of a panic this morning because I can't find any details of the dishwasher I bought online/on the phone last week. It's meant to arrive on Wednesday so who knows. I can't access my credit card account online to check either, haven't used it since 2019 apparently. It's all too difficult to cope with.
  • ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 1,163
    edited August 2021
    Lizzie27, can you remember who you ordered it from, and ring them? Most companies would have sent e mail confirmation, very annoying if they didn’t.
    If you ring your credit card company, they can be very helpful.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,504
    Oh dear @Lizzie27, I hope it arrives.

The builder has been to make a concrete ramp in front of the car port barn. I've just contacted the French chap who, hopefully will make good  and resurface the drive in front. There was a lot of rain here when the cement lorry delivered the concrete for the floor back in July.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    Dishwasher problem sorted, a very nice lady on the online chat helpline managed to find my order, which is indeed being delivered on Wednesday, the confirmatory order/invoice had been sent to my old email address (despite me inputting my new one!) so details have now been updated. I've updated my online credit card account as well. It all takes time though.
    The weather still looks miserable out there although I hopefully put the washing out earlier.
    The dratted helicopter had been going round again so I suspect they are monitoring M4/M5 Bank Holiday traffic.
    Hope your revamped car port barn project is going okay @Busy-Lizzie and Hostafan is enjoying his gardening day.
    Thanks to Ergate too.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,504
    Glad it's sorted @Lizzie27, I hope you are pleased with it when it arrives.

I've been measuring in my new study and have ordered a cupboard and a bookcase, serviceable, plain, not expensive and beautiful. 
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    Thanks @Busy-Lizzie. I reckon it won't be as good as our last AEG one though.

Your new purchases sound good, we could do with more bookcases here, I haven't been able to persuade OH that the rule is one in, one out!
    Glad all under control again, Lizzie27. My new washing machine, delivered on Thursday, is still in the garage, although we have taken off the wrapping so I can drool over it. OH has had to repair the floor where the old one was, and the concrete still hasn’t set to his satisfaction. In the meantime, we are having to climb over the washing pile waiting to be dealt with. I’m praying it will work well first time, there is a lot for it to deal with. I do however, have to run a calibration first ( not sure what it’s calibrating ) plus an empty test wash. Delays, delays!
    I'm looking forward to not having to wash up again @Ergates, I'd forgotten how tedious it is. I thought it worthwhile to pay extra dosh for delivery men to uninstall old machine, lug it out the house & take it away, then install new one and test it's working. Haven't got the strength to lift a heavy machine any more.
    Good luck with your washing machine.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 10,635
    Morning all. 
    S. E. NSW
    Morning, Pat E. Woke up for a trip to the loo, and can’t get back to sleep. Usually resort to some logic puzzles to tire my brain out, but can’t be bothered.
    Darent browse the news websites, too depressing, so might read a downloaded book for a while. Hope it’s not too cold there? Still sunny and light cardigan weather here, but there’s an autumnal nip in the air in the shade.

This discussion has been closed.