Forum home Garden design

Finally got the garden sorted out

I've been doing a pretty major overhaul of my tiny garden--the deck had fallen down just before the first lockdown in March 2020, which meant it took over a year to find someone to put in a new one. As my garden is so small, the broken deck meant I couldn't reach anything to prune it, so last summer we had the jungly look. Over winter I cut back a lot of things, mulched well, and repotted several plants--others I gave away because they had outgrown their space. Here's the result. While some plants and pots still need sorting out (e.g. the Acer which lost a lot of top growth to fungal infection but can't be tackled until its leaves drop), it's a whole lot better than it was, and finally I can sit on it again... until I spot the next weed.

Apologies for the fact that photos posted from a Mac often seem to rotate of their own free will.

• FireFire LondonPosts: 10,890
    Hi, crop the pics slightly and they will load straight.
  • Thanks, Fire! Will try that.
  • SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 62
    It all looks lovely. 
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
  • Gorgeous! So lush and multi-layered, you spot something different each time you look at those photos. The colour of your decking works very well with the bricks too.