Forum home Fruit & veg

Tomato plant ID

KiliKili Posts: 714
Hi guys, I recall sometime ago when people ordered Gardeners Delight seed and ended up with something completely different. Its happened to me this year I sowed a packet of Gardeners Delight and ended up with what you see below. There a small plum type and It turns out there very nice lovely and sweet and I would like to grow them again.  Granddaughter who's not to keen on tomatoes cant get enough of them eating them by the handful so it would be nice to encourage her further.

Does anyone know what they are so I can order some for next year?

I'll save some seed from these in the hope they will come true , but it would be nice to know which variety they are.

Many Thanks

Kili

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,116
    No idea what they are @Kili, but definitely try saving the seed.
    I did it last year for the first time with a little tom that my daughter kept buying. It's been brilliant in every way  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,077
    The colour looks like sungold but they are usually more rounded shape. If you get enough warm weather sungold taste fantastic. 
    AB Still learning

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,416
    Try Orange Santa. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,286
    They could be Lemon Plum.
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,286
    Plum Lemon!!
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

• KiliKili Posts: 714
    Thanks for your input everyone. I think Lyn has it they are a good match for Orange Santa. I'll try some seed  from a tomato but they appear to be an F1 so I'll end up with an F2. Might buy some seed as well.

Many thanks everyone

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• The only way to find out is to wait for a fruit to grow. Small, round fruits are cherry tomatoes, which are excellent for snacking or halving into salads. Small fruits with a more oblong shape are grape tomatoes, which stand up well to cooking
  • KiliKili Posts: 714
    The only way to find out is to wait for a fruit to grow. Small, round fruits are cherry tomatoes, which are excellent for snacking or halving into salads. Small fruits with a more oblong shape are grape tomatoes, which stand up well to cooking

Really ????

George Bernard Shaw'