Forum homeā€ŗ The potting shed

Will it bite me?

B3B3 Posts: 18,677
Can't really find the answer on Google so maybe someone can offer warning or reassurancešŸ˜Š
Big hairy fly , grey and black striped body, big red eyes.Ā 
I've seen a few about. Avoid or ignore?
In London. Keen but lazy.

• steveTusteveTu Posts: 1,386
    ...try stop having the pint of gin for elevensies and it will go away..they're attracted by the fume apparently...
    UK - South Coast Retirement Campus (East)
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,677
    Is it just gin?Ā 
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,625
    sarcophaga carnaria
    Apophthegm - Ā a big word for a small thought.
    ...yep... and my old bosses homebrew vodka...

Speaking of things that bite though, I am one of those people that get bitten by everything anyway. Do you remember those scenes in comics where the smelly kid had flies following them? I actually get that in real life. It's really embarrassing - I go for a pleasant stroll on the Downs and I have a pillar of flies hovering over my head. And the b'stards aren't content just hitching a ride on my thermals and taking in my excess co2, they bite me as well. So with regard to your fly, always assume they bite and that they have big pointy teeth like the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. At my initiation I was taught to be cautious.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 10,843
    Steve, have you maybe kicked the watering can and missed a meeting?

A classic photo from my family album of me trying to open a door after tooo many of my bosses homebrewed vodkas. Where did you get it from Fire?
    Thanks @pansyface
    Can look it up now. Sounds like it'sĀ  interestedĀ  in meat. I'mĀ  mostly fat
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,431
    B3 said:
    Can't really find the answer on Google so maybe someone can offer warning or reassurancešŸ˜Š
    Big hairy fly , grey and black striped body, big red eyes.Ā 
    I've seen a few about. Avoid or ignore?
    Avoid or ignore ,I Ā try to do both, Ā Iā€™ve got one like that, Ā Iā€™m determined to get rid of that bloody grey and black striped tee shirt.Ā 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.Ā 

Apparently,Ā  they don'tĀ  bite but can carryĀ  leprosy.Ā  ServesĀ  me right for googling.
    I choose to ignore.šŸ™ƒ