Forum home The potting shed

Nuttery classic seed feeder

Not sure this is the right place bit I noticed a discussion about this item. I have a new Nuttery Classic Squirrel proof feeder bit the lid is missing. Does anyone know how I can acquire one, make one or adapt something which will fit the seed feeder? 

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,431
    I think you can acquire one from the manufacturer.   If it’s new just send it back as faulty. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Thank you -I have been looking online however it appears the Nuttery went into liquidation several years ago. Item purchased privately, knowing there wasn’t a lid. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,431
    Yes, out of stock everywhere. Not even one on eBay.
    Maybe one of the cheap feeders would have a lid that fitted, you could try measuring the lid then have a look in Wilco to see if the lid from their cheap one would fit. 
    Failing that, I have used 4 layers of tin foil with wire round. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Good ideas - both. I will measure and try Wilco or similar. We found a cocktail shaker stopper which fits the gap but not really ideal. Will see how it goes and whether it keeps the squirrel out. Thanks for the tips. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,784
    You could try the lid from a Pringles tube … it looks roughly the same size … it might be a weird coincidence that it fits. 🤞 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thank you I will have a look. 
  • mikeymustardmikeymustard Posts: 325
    You could try here https://m.facebook.com/pg/The-Nuttery-275204132517899/community/
    I think these are the same people