Forum home The potting shed

Tatton Flower Show 2021 question

Good morning, has anyone been to Tatton this year and can tell me if you are allowed to leave and re-enter the show (to drop things/get stuff from your car) please? 

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 3,754
    I went on Thursday and when I was leaving I was asked if I wanted to return or if I was done, so I guess the answer is yes.
    I left early, as rather disappointed by the lack of much at all in the way of show gardens - just a handful of 'Young Designer' gardens mostly for charities, all very small and not very inspirational. Floral Marquee had some lovely exhibits and plants but excessively hot and soon very crowded. I wore my mask and so did quite a few others but it still didn't feel very safe!
  • samaliumsamalium Posts: 12
    Thank you Buttercupdays. That's a shame about the gardens, we are going tomorrow - hoping to get some ideas for my somewhat mish-mash garden but it'll just be good to to have a change of scenery to be honest!
  • I agree with Buttercupdays about the lack of show gardens, although the Fleures de Villes exhibit was vey good. There also seemed to be fewer plant sellers than in previous years.
    You may find that you have to park a long way from the entrances, so try to avoid needing to go back. I tried to arrive early but got caught in a long traffic jam so it was already very full when I arrived, and I had to queue to get in. In future I will revert to my usual plan of arriving early in the afternoon.
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 3,754
    It should be cooler and a bit more comfortable for you. :)
    To be honest,  I was already a bit disappointed as my daughter should have been with me, but someone she had been in contact with had just tested positive, so she wouldn't go, even though she took a test and showed up as negative. I knew it wouldn't be as extensive as usual, of course, but it did seem a bit poor in contrast to some of the stands in the marquee. But if you know, at least you will be prepared and not mind quite as much :)
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,402
    I went once (must be 5 or 6 years ago now, or more) and the parking was a considerable way from the entrance (unless you are a blue badge holder). If it's carrying your purchases that you're concerned about, there'll most likely be a plant creche where you can leave them (probably better than in a hot car).
  • AngelicantAngelicant CheshirePosts: 63
    Yes you can leave and go back in. It is a good 10-15 minute walk from the car park to the entrance but there are shuttle buses every 5 minutes. The walk takes you through the stable yard though past the toilets and its through woodland so nice and cool. We went on Thursday and were miserable before we even got in as we spent almost an hour sat on the A556 as the directions sent us up to Mere lights rather than going through Knutsford as we would usually do coming from less than 10 miles away. Privilege parkers (extra £8) were allowed that way. The air con in the car wouldn't work properly either🙄. If you are coming up from the south ignore the directions and go through Knutsford.
     We stayed about 2 1/2 hours, barely looked at anything, couldn't find many show gardens, just spent the whole time trying to find some shade. Very crowded and uncomfortable but the temperature has dropped a few degrees now so will be better. Didn't buy any plants as too many people around the few stalls we did stop at. My hubby says that's a good thing😁
  • samaliumsamalium Posts: 12
    Thank you everyone for your replies! You have been really helpful 🙂