Forum home Plants

Plant identification

susananwmssusananwms Posts: 201
I know all my plants are squashed and crowded in too much, but it is a mistake I have learned from and want to be a bit more selective and pick out the ones I want for next year
I have identified most but what are the pink and dark purples ones? I have been told a couple of different types, but. 2 people have said they are def peonies is this right?

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,444
    Definitely NOT paeonies IMO... but I don't know what they are, I'm afraid.  Foliage is wrong for a paeony.
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • GearóidGearóid EnglandPosts: 183
    Double petunias. 
  • susananwmssusananwms Posts: 201
    Ah thanks for that, maybe they did say petunia and I got it wrong.  Am always getting mixed up with flower names, think I have got it and then forget
    Will add that to my list then
    Thanks again, knew I would get the answer on here
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 18,511
    I don't think they are too squashed in. They look lovely. You will need to add the double petunias to your list for next year if you like them, they are annuals.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    Thank you but I think they are a bit too crowded I had to dig up a few and put elsewhere and some of them at the back died because they were shaded out by bigger ones in front but hopefully I will do better next year
    I have added them to my list as they are just so easy to grow and give plenty of colour.  I do not like anything too complicated
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,736
    Not squash looks great and petunias definitely,final answer haha
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,953
    It looks lovely,  bear in mind that apart from the Dahlias they will die in the Autumn make a note now of what you liked so you can buy those next year. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

Thanks everyone got my list all ready