Forum home Garden design

Looking for garden furniture

I am looking for any suppliers of aluminium or rattan garden furniture that actually have stock? can anyone help

i have found a couple of places.....
www.chimeshomeandgarden.co.uk for rattan and www.summerandwinter.co.uk for aluminium furniture but they have an extremely limited amount of availability

can anyone help? we have just finished our garden but stupidly didn't realise just how difficult it would be to get a garden furniture set!

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,780
    B&Q do garden furniture at very reasonable prices, but it is more likely to be rattan look than the real thing.
    Big garden centres sell it but more likely to be the real thing and expensive.

https://www.diy.com/departments/outdoor-garden/garden-furniture/all-garden-furniture/garden-furniture-sets/DIY1065124.cat
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,248
    I'd also recommend this online and physical shop https://www.timeoutspace.com/ but have to admit to find aluminium and fake rattan not very nice. Nardi make some lovely recyclable resin furniture that can add colour and personality...but they're made to order in Italy so will take a few weeks. It's the height of the season, any stock left will be there because it's unwanted. Also Fermob (as seen in Parisian parks) make great metal furniture. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • Chris-P-BaconChris-P-Bacon Posts: 419
    Try eBay or auction houses. A lot of the latter do telephone bidding now and occasionally some nice vintage garden furniture pops up - sometimes at bargain prices.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,322
    It was rattan furniture the last time. Exactly how big a garden do you have @grant.horsfallL4C2ZTSV that you need so much furniture eh?  

This is spam folks - just like his last thread a few months ago
    https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1051533/cant-buy-rattan-furniture-anywhere#latest

Reported
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,920
    If this post has done one good thing it has been that @amancalledgeorge has brought to my attention Fermob furniture. I love it. Thank you.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,248
    edited 21 July
    You're welcome @BenCotto one of Paris' most egalitarian traditions. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 605
    I think there has been a perfect storm of Brexit, Covid factory closures and people spending more time in their gardens over the last 18 months. I wanted more Hartman aluminium furniture to go with a previous set, but everywhere I’ve tried has been out of stock. Same with potting sheds. And some kitchen units I wanted.
    Maybe you could get hold of a temporary alternative, second hand or just cheap, to tide you over until supply starts to meet demand again?