Forum home The potting shed

Post-surgical spirits

I had my gallbladder removed last week - how I LOVE the NHS! Fit for nothing right now but binge-watching, but very little fit to binge-watched. Until I remembered that someone I know was having their filmette featured, so I thought I'd have a look. Gardeners World is my new binge! It's reminded me how much I loved gardening with my grandad as a kid - his greenhouse was my ultimate happy place, and as we happen to have this ridiculously big yet totally under-utilised garden, it'd be rude not to get on with it. First big purchase for next spring? A potting shed and greenhouse. So happy  :)

• FlyDragonFlyDragon Greater ManchesterPosts: 832
    Fantastic!  Use your recovery time to get planning your garden makeover!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 70,419
    Lovely 😊 
    A friend is having her gall bladder op next week … fingers crossed it goes as well for her as for you 🤞 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 2,008
    I had mine removed 2 weeks ago,keyhole surgery, Im sure it will all go well for your friend Dove. Everything is so much better for ops these days. Tell her not to worry.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,035
    You lot are lucky these days. I had mine removed in 1971no key hole surgery then,my scar went from the gall bladder down to my naval,which got in the way,turn right down to my appendix.i cried my eyes out when I saw it. I wasn't fair/fat/40, I was a 6.5stone 20 years old.2 years down the line, nursing training, patients used to say,"I TS alright for you you don't know what it's like", I used to whip my zip undone,show them my massive scar! 
  • Valley GardenerValley Gardener Posts: 2,008
    @Nanny Beach
    😱😱😱
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.
  • ahayahay Posts: 15
    @Nanny Beach - Ow! 
    @Dovefromabove - tell your friend it's a doddle. I'm pretty much fully recovered just on two weeks later and can now start to eat more than dust and water again. So happy!
    Even happier because on Friday I came across someone GIVING AWAY an 8x6 greenhouse on Gumtree. As of yesterday I am the ecstatic owner of a slightly grubby but fully intact greenhouse - for zero pounds!    :)  :):)