Forum home Fruit & veg

Veggi plants problems

Can somebody advice  what are this brown spots on my peppers and beans  also my tomato plant is going yellow eith purple end in leaves  is this blight  marrow has been destroyed by slug  and no female flower in courgette  a

• patparipatpari Posts: 38
    anyone bumping this up for advice
  • SkandiSkandi Northern DenmarkPosts: 1,508
    I'm going to make some guesses, I think the tomato needs feeding, that seems to be a very small pot especially as it's sharing.
    The beans well they have a whole host of things that can cause those brown spots, it could well be something fungal. I don't find it harms them so I normally just leave it alone.
    The peppers are probably not happy outside, they like warmth including at night I don't know where you are but here the nights are only at 13C which is way to cold for peppers. they like to stay over 20 if possible.
    Just be patient with the female flowers they will come, but the males always seem to appear earlier.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,404
    Dark edges on tomato leaves are usually where they have got cold. Tomatoes need at least 30cm pots.

Brown spots could be caused by water on the leaves, it has been a very wet season to date ( if in uk)
  • bertrand-mabelbertrand-mabel Posts: 1,696
    Our aubergines, peppers and chillies in the ground of our polytunnel have suffered badly this year. They have grown very little and the chillies are only now showing better growth and some flowers.
    The tomatoes though are doing well.
    The polytunnel is watered on the soil and not the leaves but everything seems to have suffered badly this year.
  • purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 4,404
    It's been a bad start, with all those bar the tomatoes lacking in heat and sun ( at least the tomatoes can grow at lower light/heat levels even if they won't ripen till its warmer) the rest are just miserable,  hopefully they will enjoy the predicted warmer spell.