Forum home The potting shed

🍹 🍓 🍨 RESURRECTED 107 🍨 🍓 🍹

• LB and Lily enjoy having your hair done.  Dove terrible news of your friend so much to sort out, although she’ll be very much relieved the cats have been rescued.  Biglad it was rather warm here when I went out.  Have a good day everyone.  Time for a cuppa.
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,764
    I've just weeded the front garden and come in for a cool down :o 

At least it looks like a tidy wasteland now ;) 

A few e-mails and then a long run are the plan. Could well be a 3-shower kind of day :D
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,895
    Hi folks,  Cloudy here but the forecast for the following 5 days is el scorchio   Mabel is here with us today.  Merri has to go for a Covid test at a centre so that they can go on hols tomorrow.  They all have the home tests regularly but either the airlines or the Spanish government insist on the other type within 48 hours of travelling.  At the moment they are living upstairs at their house without a kitchen due to major renovations which are being carried out while they are away over the next 3.5 weeks.
    Dug up the first carrots today and they are looking good.  
    Enjoy you day everyone.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,167
    We've made contact with our friend ... currently staying with friends while beating the insurance company into submission and looking for proper temporary accommodation ... she and her partner have lost the entire contents of their flat. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,895
    So sorry for your friend @Dovefromabove I always worried about losing photos (apart from people of course).  I still have lots of photos that are not digital and I would hate to lose them.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 35,490
    Afties all. Lots of gardening done at Bestie's and hair colour now sorted too. Oh my goodness Dove, that is an horrendous story and I feel so very sorry for your friends having lost everything. I used to think how dreadful the floods were for people a few years back but to have lost everything with all the attached memories and nostalgia is impossible to comprehend. I do hope that the Insurance Company don't make things for your friends any more difficult than they already are.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,399
    Hello all. I'm late here today, been out.

That is awful for your friends @Dovefromabove from above. I hope the insurance pays up, but they can't replace sentimental value.

We've been out for a delicious lunch in one of our favourite places for our Blessing anniversary, which is tomorrow but it was booked. We had a C of E blessing in France 10 years ago but never went to the Mairie so aren't officially married. Too complicated with OH living in England and me in France and both of us wanting to be in the countries where our families live. Decided to live in both but now there is Covid and Brexit to complicate matters.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 35,490
    Biglad - run - in this heat? Does not compute! You may just become a greaseball. Plenty of water intake will be called for.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,043
    Sorry to hear about your friends @Dovefromabove hope things get sorted for them soon.
    Happy 10th anniversary of your blessing day @Busy-Lizzie
    @Yviestevie I agree, apart from family I'd hate to lose my photos. 
    @Ladybird4 glad you've had a lovely day in the garden and had your hair done. 
    I feel lighter now after my hair cut😂
    Its been beautiful here today, but its clouded over and feels very muggy now. 
    Pheww @Biglad far too hot to be running 🥵
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 8,296
    Had my haircut today too . My OH did it . He is becoming quite a good hairdresser.His middle brother also used to cut his wife’s hair .Too hot for me just now .Dove that is sad I do hope that the insurance company will be reasonable. Busy ,so pleased that you had a lovely lunch to celebrate your  Blessing anniversary.