Forum home The potting shed

🍹 🍓 🍨 RESURRECTED 107 🍨 🍓 🍹

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 36,192
    Evening all. Its been a lovely day today. Pottered about watering and my ritual pulling up of mare's tail from the drive. Sis sent me some pictures of the plants we put into the troughs round her patio in France three years ago. They are a bit like triffids now. she said it had been a bit toasty there - a mere 34°C! I would not be able to stand anywhere so hot unless I could retreat to the air conditioning. I am glad that she and her OH are enjoying their holiday though.
    I had a missive shoved through the letterbox to say that they are closing the Lane next week for a road resurfacing project. That will be fun. I might have to do a shop tomorrow to stock up in preparation. Cat food number one item on the list.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,123
    Meant to post this earlier,  when I popped to the SM today I saw this!  Rather early I thought! 🤦‍♀️🎄🎅🎄

Now why has that come out sideways!!
  • I had a lovely time with mum and dad and there was trifle.  Thank you for all the good wishes.  I’m doing Lily’s tv at the moment.  I thought I’d get it out of the way.  Lily pret do seem previous.  I think a certain shopping channel have Christmas items in July also.  Yvie good news that Merri s test is negative.  I hope they have a good holiday.  LB you’re wise to stock up in advance of the lane closure.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 36,192
    Eek,SGL! That is very scary. I echo RosieBB Yvie, excellent news about Merri and the test result.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 8,461
    Very good news about Merri and test results .Hazel I hope that your headache has gone and not returned.We are not used to this heat are we ? I hope all those who are feeling under the weather are feeling better .Signing out ,good night folks .
  • Goodnight goodnight Rubee.  Have a good evening.  Goodnight everyone.  I’m watching Michael Ball in Wales.
    What are you doing in Wales Rosie 😉😂😂
  • YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,040
    Had a text to say the eagle has landed so Firstborn and family have arrived safe and sound.  
    I've been in the garden this evening and the honeysuckle, daphne and jasmine are just wonderful.  Whenever I smell jasmine I'm in Turkey.  

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 21,710
    I hope Firstborn has a good holiday @Yviestevie.

I've planted all my new plants. It's been a lovely day. We had lunch in the garden.
    Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.