Forum home The potting shed

Racism in football ... stop it now!

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,025
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,557
    My oldest grandaughter posted today,already done.i don't know what these vile thugs said,can probably imagine
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,177
    I'm afraid it's one of the things I dislike about the game. 
    You support one team, you're expected to dislike other teams. Man U  v man city, Liverpool v Everton. Newcastle v Sunderland etc etc. 
    I'm afraid it's part of the game
    Devon.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,427
    There's a big difference between disliking a team and abusing players, racially or otherwise.  It would have been interesting to see comparisons between the types of abuse received had one of those who missed a penalty kick last night been of a different ethnicity.
    One of those players is only 19 years of age.  Is it right to treat somebody that way because "It's part of the game"?  I despair if the answer is "Yes"
    Being a supporter of one team or another is absolutely nothing to do with racist abuse @Hostafan1

but ,IMHO the game attracts bigots by the nature of the rivalry
    Devon.
    petition signed.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,025
    edited 12 July
    Politics and religion also attract bigots; I’m
    aware of musicians, artists, teachers and policemen who are also bigots … it’s nothing to do with team rivalry … it’s to do with power. 

Should we just accept that bigotry exists and let them get on with their bigoted behaviour, or should we call it out wherever we see it, and try to make the world a better place?  

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

edited 12 July
    petition signed.
    I hear Bojo and his vile home secretary have been called about their hypocrisy  given their refusal to condemn booing following " taking the knee " 
    Devon.