Forum home Fruit & veg

Cucumber Help

Kitty52Kitty52 Posts: 115
I have three cucumbers growing in the greenhouse and each one has produced at least two cucumbers each.  However now there is nothing much coming at all.   There are flowers and the signs of cucumbers starting but they then just die off.  Any ideas thanks?

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,337
    As long as the plants look healthy, they'll start producing again - the weather has been less than ideal for the last couple of weeks.  Also make sure you haven't missed one hiding behind leaves etc. - if they are allowed to ripen on the plant, the chemicals released back into the plant can make it think it has successfully produced seeds and can stop producing new fruit.
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 1,942
    Agree with @BobTheGardener - I missed a whopper on one of my plants last week - no idea how but easily done  :)
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 7,905
    They are very sneaky,I picked my first a couple of weeks ago. I grow small variety because hubby hates them. He showed me 2 this morning,and I check the green house twice a day
  • Kitty52Kitty52 Posts: 115
    Thanks all. I think mine are Emile not a huge variety I believe. Nothing sneaking about so hope as Bob says will produce some more.