Forum home The potting shed

RHS Flower Shows 2021

• LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,543
    Um... yes... 🤭 
    Rather more than intended. I was aiming for a fern and a couple of grasses, none of which were there, but I got a couple of things (an Asarum, Nerine and Anemone de Caen bulbs, couple of cheap gadgets) but was looking for a purple shrubby Salvia. Saw one, didn't get it, wished I had... then the sell off began. Ended up with FIVE shrubby Salvias for a pound each 🤣... and some Leucojum bulbs, Alliums, a little grass... Oh dear, that wasn't intended. What a bargain though.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
    Is anyone going to Tatton? It would be great to hear about it and see some photos.
    - Cicero
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 12,089
    Thanks so much for all the posting and detail @LG_ .   o:)

I kind of wish I had been there - which just shows how florally obsessed I've become in recent years. Oh dear. :D
  • AngelicantAngelicant CheshirePosts: 83
    LG_ said:
    Is anyone going to Tatton? It would be great to hear about it and see some photos.
    I've got tickets for Tatton and will try and get some photos. Not been for a good few years but as we only live down the road and have hardly been anywhere it seemed appropriate. Just trying to find out if I have to actually print the tickets out (run out of ink) or can use my phone as I did for Arley a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know? Also waiting for update on any Covid restrictions, although all 4 of us are fully vaccinated but only have the cards so hope that will be sufficient. 
    edited July 2021
    I just showed the barcode on my phone so I think that should be fine for Tatton too - I imagine they use the same ticketing system. We had to show our vaccination cards or proof of a negative test. Luckily we had the cards because I was not aware of this requirement until we got to the gates, so while we have a stash of LFTs at home we hadn't done one in the previous few days. The cards were perfectly acceptable, however.
    Looking forward to seeing some photos - have a good time!
    - Cicero
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 12,089
    This is a nice review of Hampton from Bunny. She notes some the points as to why some gardens were marked down.

• AthelasAthelas Posts: 451
    Is anyone going to the Chelsea Flower Show? I have tickets for Friday, and it’s my first time going to any garden show. 

Any tips? I already know there will be a lot of walking/standing, so have comfy shoes ready.
  • Fit a lock on your purse/wallet!
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,971
    edited September 2021
    Athelas said:
    Is anyone going to the Chelsea Flower Show? I have tickets for Friday, and it’s my first time going to any garden show. 

Any tips? I already know there will be a lot of walking/standing, so have comfy shoes ready.
    I’m going on Tuesday……can’t wait.  Comfy shoes are a must, plus break your day up with coffee, lunch, afternoon tea stops.  Not only to give your feet a rest but to stop sensory overload.

Really looking forward to seeing a totally different colour palette on display this year.  Also excited that will see some of the gardens at dusk …..the show closes at 8pm, which is still very light in May, but will be properly dark in September.
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • I'll be watching the TV covering , but agree with @chicky about the colour palette. Maybe they should have a late show more often, so many lovely autumn plants and their growers who don't get promoted as well as they deserve.
    I hope I might be able to catch up on the Cop26 garden when they bring it to RHS Bridgewater