Forum home The potting shed

RHS Flower Shows 2021

• FireFire LondonPosts: 12,060
    Tell us how it goes LG.

I think the aeroplane is great.
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,274
    edited July 2021
    Thank you for your comments @LG_ and I am pleased they were informative. It looks as though you have picked a good day looking at the weather forecast although I suspect shoes rather than sandals will still be the order of the day.

I hope you have as good a day as we did and the journey is not too trying - although there are many temptations to make the trip home more problematic  :D 
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,543
    Had a great day, really enjoyable - so glad I went. And @AnniD I did take photos of the Hardy's stand, though not sure how good they are! I'll sort my photos out tomorrow and post a few.

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,613
    Thanks @LG_, l appreciate it  :)
    Glad you had a lovely time. 
    edited July 2021
    Here they are, @AnniD. It was quite difficult to get good pictures without too many people, and of course the light inside the marquee is quite flat.

- Cicero
    edited July 2021
    Some other photos from the show: 

The No Dig Allotment Demonstration Garden,
    by Charles Dowding and Stephanie Hafferty
    (this was at the end as they started to take it apart and give all the veg away)

The RHS Iconic Horticultural Hero Garden,
    by Tom Stuart-Smith

A Place to Meet Again,
    by Mike Long
    There was some stunning planting in this garden. Not particularly innovative but beautiful and skilled.

- Cicero
    edited July 2021
    The Cancer Research UK Legacy Garden,
    by Tom Simpson
    This was smaller and more intimate than it appeared on the TV. You really needed to be in it to appreciate it - luckily we were able to walk around.

The Down Memory Lane Garden,
    by the Blue Diamond Design Team

The Viking Friluftsliv Garden,
    by Will Williams
    Some really lovely planting in this garden, and more of it than first appeared. I've had to price up some of those pines for a garden design - £££!

- Cicero
    edited July 2021
    The Extinction (Global Impact) Garden,
    by Felicity O'Rourke
    Not a garden but an art installation. Peering through into the primordial jungle was a sensory experience - you could smell it. It achieved the shock and upset it was aiming for, but in my opinion the upset was mainly about thinking of people dying in plane crashes, rather than the environmental impact. 

Surreal Succulents
    stand in the marquee

The RHS Cut Flower Garden
    by Carien van Boxtel

Message in a Bottle,
    by Tracy Foster
    This was much better in real life than on TV.

The Communication Garden,
    by Amelia Bouquet

The Fashion Footprint Garden,
    by Baz Grainger

- Cicero
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,613
    @LG_ thankyou so much for posting all those lovely photos and l particularly appreciate the effort you went to for me.
    I know how difficult it can be to get a decent photo in the Floral marquees, someone always seems to walk in front or stand there oblivious, those are great and give a wonderful sense of the stand. As you can tell, l am a big Hardy's fan  :)
    Glad you had a good day, where there any purchases made whilst you were in the marquee?