Forum home Plants

Stunning flowers on what I thought is a soft leaf yukka

Have what I think is a soft leaf yukka for years from a small plant, managed to take babies and share them with family. This year with the strange weather its had its first spike and some stunning flowers - pink, green yellow not the usual white from other plants I've seen. I want to share the image and show its beauty, hopefully find a way to do this (novice).  Can anyone confirm what the plant is ??

• Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 4,709
    edited July 2021
    Welcome to the forums!

Beschorneria yuccoides

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beschorneria_yuccoides

Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • Wow and thank you, just had a brief read about conditions.  Its faired very well over the years with just a light cover for the winter months.  
  • bertrand-mabelbertrand-mabel Posts: 2,648
    A fantastic plant.
    We have one and in 2010 it was hit really badly with frost and most of it was killed. We moved the remaining parts to a more sheltered part of the garden and we also have a transparent roof (old secondary glazing) to keep off the rain.
    It has already sent up 2 flower spikes and usually we get another 2 but smaller.
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 3,679
    A lovely plant.  Dunster Castle ( NT property ) in Somerset had a fine specimen on a sheltered south facing terrace when I was a volunteer there some 20 years ago.  It was endlessly commented on by visitors.
    I've grown it in previous gardens but no space for it now.