Forum home Fruit & veg

My bean and courgette plants aren't doing a lot...

2»

• Green MagpieGreen Magpie Posts: 806
    I think they may be OK - they don't actually look unhealthy, just a bit slow. I grow mine in a raised bed and they are really getting away now,  but were slow until a couple of weeks ago. I do top up the beds with fresh compost every year, though. If yours are grown in the same compost each year, it may be a bit short of nutrients by now. 

• Shoxt3rShoxt3r Posts: 188
    I think they may be OK - they don't actually look unhealthy, just a bit slow. I grow mine in a raised bed and they are really getting away now,  but were slow until a couple of weeks ago. I do top up the beds with fresh compost every year, though. If yours are grown in the same compost each year, it may be a bit short of nutrients by now. 

Ah good tip - thanks!
    Now that I've done a bit of tidying up and attaching the beans to canes, they're actually not looking too bad. My main concern is really if they're too crammed in. I will look into topping up the compost next year. At the moment I'm regularly feeding (every 2 weeks or so) with tomato/vegetable feed so hopefully that will hold things up this year.