Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🏖 ☔️ 🏖 ☔️ 🏖 July ‘21

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,439
    @Hostafan1 I’m sad to hear that about poor G,  i hope they can give him the correct medication and therapy he needs at Barnstable and maybe you could look into some respite care locally, this place is very good and local to you .
    http://barnpark.co.uk/

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 4,252
    Virtual hug and cuppa (decaf of course) to @Hostafan1. My heart goes out to you. Please keep strong. 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Desi_in_LondonDesi_in_London LondonPosts: 393
    Sending you and your OH all best wishes @Hostafan1
    Kindness is always the right choice.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,082
    Very grey and dull again,  we must have had rain overnight, although the paths are dry.  
    Very sorry to hear about your predicament @Hostafan1 hope you can get something sorted out soon. 
    AB Still learning

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,775
    I'm really sorry @Hostafan1, but at least you can have a bit of a break while he's in hospital. I expect a place will turn up for him but it's frustrating and worrying having to wait.

Good morning all.

It tipped with rain this morning and showers are forecast so the weeding and planting of the long border is postponed.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,789
    I'm so sorry to read that @Hostafan1, best wishes for you both. Time for some restorative 'me' time so grab the opportunity while you can while you're waiting for the outcome. I know, it is so, so tough for nearest and dearest in that predicament. Look after yourself.

I went into town this morning to have my hair done, bus was rammed (haven't seen that since pre-covid) and town was packed. I didn't linger. Clothes have been unearthed from where I flung them yesterday morning (!) and suitcases have been packed so I've just got my nails to do in a mo.
    Trotted up the garden just now to check on the strawberries and picked enough ripe ones for dessert tonight, also some raspberries which I can freeze but it looks like the gooseberries are ripe as well. My books are still in boxes, so can anybody please tell me if I should pick them now or can they wait?

A lovely outcome Dove. Glad you got most of the planting done Busy-Lizzie.
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,448
    Sorry to hear your news @Hostafan1 hope they manage to find OH a suitable place soon.  Be kind to yourself.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,775
    Wait for what @Lizzie27. You mentioned going on holiday soon to Suffolk but you've also been in upheaval because of carpet laying. When do you leave for the holiday and how long are you away, if that's what you mean about freezing raspberries?

Changed plans today. Went to buy a reading lamp near Norwich so had lunch out and planned duck in plum sauce tonight will be tomorrow instead.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,789
    @Busy-Lizzie, we're off tomorrow and away for a few days.  The gooseberries will have to wait till we get back as it's now raining! 
    I love duck in plum sauce, really yummy!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,067
    Thank-you all for your warm wishes and concern. 
    I'm genuinely very touched by them. 
     <3 
    Devon.