Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🏖 ☔️ 🏖 ☔️ 🏖 July ‘21

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,223
    Frustrating @Yviestevie.  You need to download an adblocker.

@tui34 I have cortisone in my spine to manage slipped discs.  2 sessions of 8 about 20 years ago and still going strong.   The 8 I had in my neck didn't last tho and I ended up with a cage to hold the vertebrae apart.   The knee jabs are hyalorunic acid which works longer and can help slow further degeneration but you need 3 sessions and a bit of quiet while it settles.  Cortisone is more instant relief from pain but doesn't last in knees.

I've had a bit of a potter in the garden but nothing strenuous, just a bit of weeding in my new bed where, of course, weed seeds have germinated and grown faster than the treasures I planted.  For some strange reason the chooks are not interested in fat hen.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,490
    Didn't manage to get on here this morning, hope everyone is doing OK,all these health problems and needles jabbed into various parts of ones anatomy. Good weather yesterday,till a bit of rain in the evening,been a very pleasant 25c today. Out early with the dogs,then hubby stayed with them on the car while I shopped. Busy in the garden,most of the day. Did 3 lots of washing, because forecast says rain for the next 3 days.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,789
    Goodness me @Obelixx, what a medical history! Hope I never have to have all that done on my spine.  How on earth do you manage to do all that you do? Take it easy while the jabs settle in.

I'm pleased to say we were all done and dusted by 3pm.  3 men, very pleasant and very efficient. They hoovered all through and put the furniture back as well. Lovely new carpet aroma throughout the house. Chief chappie must have been just under 6ft. 6" as he could only just go through the doors, towered over me!
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,082
    Well if it helps,  we didn't have any champagne,  & the "Tube " journey home was a hot unpleasant experience,  masks don't help,  but at least it wasn't too crowded and we had  seat. Still worth it though. 
    It turned out much brighter and hotter here today.  Got lawns cut,  then went to Allotment in pm , mostly hoeing and harvesting. 
    AB Still learning

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,223
    @Lizzie27 Glad the new flooring has gone well.   

I take the view that my spine and knees are mechanical and manageable and then just get on with it.   If I overdo things the lumbar spine lets me know and I just take it easy for a while.  The knee's a bovver cos it affects our dance classes but being able to do a pendulum swing in quickstep is not essential to life.   Being able to walk and do tango is.

@Allotment Boy have to confess that, other than one trip to Paris involving the use of the Metro, I haven't tried French public transport since we moved here.  There isn't a local bus or train that goes where I need to be when I need to get there.   I do not miss the London tube or trains.  

@Nanny Beach for two people you seem to generate an awful lot of laundry!    I only do it when the laundry bins are full. 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Obelixx,that was a weeks laundry,3 full loads,a light,dark and colour wash. Two people,I am bubbled with single mum youngest daughter, and regularly have 2 grandkids.  oldest daughter stayed last week,that went into the wash, bedding,towels. Am horrified at my neighbours 3 adults,frankly how little washing they have, Ewww!!!
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,775
    I've planted my new plants in the front garden, the laurel bed, the shade bed and the alpine slope. Took some time, I'm getting older, and ground elder had to be dug up. I've put grit around the plants in the alpine slope. Haven't started the long border yet.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    Busy L,, surely you are 27!!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,836
    @Obelixx  I’ve a feeling I read that it’s the seeds of fat hen they’re s’posed to like. I’ve never dared let any get as far as producing ripe seeds if I can help it so I’ve no idea if it’s true or not 😆 

Night night all … sweet dreams 😴 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pat EPat E Posts: 10,268
    Hi everyone. I think we might get some rain.

Another late night, last night. La Tour didn’t finished until 1am our time. Still, we both get a lot of pleasure from watching the lovely French countryside and of course our favourite riders. 🙄

S. E. NSW