Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🏖 ☔️ 🏖 ☔️ 🏖 July ‘21

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,094
    Wow what a day.   I didn't say before that not only did we have centre court tickets but they were debenture ones, so no queue straight through.   We had a lovely lunch before going up to watch the matches, ( we did pay for that). Icing on the cake we saw Federer,  what an artiste. 
    AB Still learning

• didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 710
    We had a treat today.  A local musician has arranged a series of lunchtime concerts in the big redundant (a technical term meaning not used as a parish church anymore) church in town and the first was today.  It was wow! The pianist was a virtuoso having, I heard, to play to an audience in a church as part of his MA from whichever music college he is at.  We had a bit of Bach, a piece of Beethoven, some Cornelius Cardew and another even more modern piece that involved said local musician (who was his page turner) manipulating the piano strings in certain places.  We have more to come from other musicians, including some youngsters who I know are very talented.  Even forgot we had to sit with our masks on for the duration.  
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,973
    edited 2 July
    Good morning all 😊 ☕️ 
    yay! a dry morning!  

That sounds like a great day @[email protected]"Allotment Boy" and I’m very jealous of the concert @didyw  😎 

Lots to do today … I need to cut back some of the over-burgeoning lushness so that we can actually get to the seats in the sunny corner without getting entangle in herbage … and remove the chickweed that’s appeared over the last few days all around the tomato plants. Then I must dig some potatoes and pick some broad beans to have with bacon steaks for supper, and then I have work to do in the studio and tennis to watch. 🎾 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Grrr 😡 I just can’t get the @Allotment Boy in the above post to appear properly. It keeps changing and putting extra bits or gaps in where they’re not needed 🤨
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,291
    Good morning!

Late start but the garden doesn't need me.  It's doing great on its own, so I'll have another cup of tea.  Beautiful day, still warm.  Warning out though that the heat is coming.

Trying to find football paraphernalia for my nephews in NZ - literally nothing here - not even a cap.  I have found a couple of supporter tee-shirts.   That's all.  Yes, done the round of sports shops.  May try the markets tomorrow morning.  Quite unbelievable!!

Have a pleasant day everyone.

Tui

A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

@tui34 ... France are out of the Euros ... the supporters will be pretending that they don't really care about football that much at all ... not really ...  ;)

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 1,889
    Morning all,

The colour of the sky and cloud formation was glorious coming over the M62 last night but by the time I was able to pull over, it was way past its peak. This photo coming over Owd Betts doesn't do it any justice at all, but I'm on a roll with pictures of the sky ;)  

Not sure how today will pan out but I suspect a comfy armchair and remote control will be heavily involved ;)
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 16,793
    Good morning all.
    Sun is shining. I'm going to plant my new plants.

Glad you had a good day @Allotment Boy and that you enjoyed a great concert @didyw.
    Such a pretty sky @Biglad.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,803
    Morning all, I'm sitting on the terrace as carpet fitters have arrived. Rather tired already as have been up since 7 am moving the small stuff and stripping bed etc. Most of the chairs are out here with me. Might do the ironing and then potter round the garden out of the way later. Think it's going to be hot. 
    Lovely photo @Biglad.
  • Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 4,094
    Late start,  after the long day yesterday.  Cloudy &dull but warm, here, not as dramatic as your  photo @Biglad.  Back to normal today. 
    AB Still learning