Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 🏖 ☔️ 🏖 ☔️ 🏖 July ‘21

196979899100102»

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,792
    Always been a huge amount of deer in the areas where we are.back in 1986 they used to jump the fences and run across the road when I was driving to work.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,952
    I love knitting with fine wool but cant do dark colours. 
    I’m knitting myself a boyfriend cardigan like you made for Wonky a couple of years ago, bit longer though to wear with leggings in the winter. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 63
    @Dovefromabove at moment just a pair of Socks. I’m waiting for some Mohair to arrive for a jumper as a Christmas gift. 
    Lace is my nemesis so kudos to you
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
  • SilviSherrSilviSherr Stockton-On-TeesPosts: 63
    Loam wasn’t build in a day 🌻
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,952
    edited 31 July
    I knit all my winter socks, something very therapeutic about fine yarns on four needles. Just going round and round. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,413
    Purchased ski socks for me if it's cold enough to need them!  Otherwise short cotton socks for gardening and walkies.

I've given up on jumpers and prefer fleeces which I can make quite easily.   Don't get on with boring knitting stitches and find that 2 "helpful" cats and 2 dogs plus my inexperience mess up any fancier stitching.   I can't see me ever learning to drive 4 needles.

Feeling anaesthetised here.  Possum cooked an Asian (not Indian) dish involving chicken breasts in panko breadcrumbs and a fierce, spicy sauce.     Fire extinguisher anyone? 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 10,359
    Morning everyone.  We’ve had rain overnight. First time rain for weeks. Typically, I’d left washing on the line. 🙄🙄. Seems like it’ll be out there for another day at least.

And, welcome to Silvisherr. 

I’m still knitting fingerless gloves. The current pair are for a child. Don’t know his age but I was asked for navy or black and size a bit smaller than the ladies size I usually make. Thinking about the problems involved in finger stubs a bit smaller and counting stitches etc, I opted for smaller needles. Hope it suits the lad. I don’t like using dark colours. Hard on my old eyes. Still, it’ll be good to get rid of the ball of black that has been sitting in my yarn stock for ages.🙄 
    S. E. NSW
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,775
    Here you are folks … a new thread for August 

https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1057952/hello-forkers-august-21#latest  

I’ll ask the Mods to lock this one when they get a minute … 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh