Forum home The potting shed

dyson

13»

• ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 966
    Love my cordless dyson vacuum cleaner. Got it as I found it very light to use and easier on my back, plus an unexpected benefit - hubby, a gadget fiend, also loves using it and is very happy to run it round the house! Wasn’t expecting that, or I’d have bought one years ago!
    We treated ourselves to a dyson fan for the bedroom which gets very warm and hard to get air to circulate. Our old cheap fans were very noisy, while the Dyson is virtually silent and we can sleep through it. Eye wateringly expensive, but it’s proved it’s worth over a couple of hot summers. I won’t mention my hairdryer, as I might be accused of advertising! I was very saddened though, that he doesn’t manufacture in the UK, certainly charging made in UK prices.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,187
    I can’t understand why people are still seeing the ads,  are the blockers not working anymore? 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Buzzy2Buzzy2 Posts: 130

philippasmith2    AdblockPlus is free
  • ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 966
    I never see any ads on my iPad, and to my knowledge, I’ve never had to install any ad blocking software? I do say no to advertising or targeting cookies whenever I open a new website, and I delete my history and cookies every three or four weeks ( a minimal nuisance as I have to re log in to this forum afterwards!) I don’t know whether that has helped.
  • BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 2,070
    Touch wood but they seem to have stopped appearing for me.
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,354
    Yes they stopped dropping down and interfering with the page functions on my google chrome laptop too I think that admin must have sorted it out, thanks admin.  :)
  • YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,468
    Didn't know about this thread.  I've just sent a pm to Daniel because I am so sick of the intrusive nature of the adverts, the Disney one is driving me up the bloody wall.  It stops me starting new threads and I couldn't start a new PM to Daniel I had to piggy back on one I received from someone else.  Adblock plus started to plague me with pop ups asking that I pay a subscription it got so bad I had to take my laptop to a shop to get it removed as it wouldn't let me remove it from my system.  Is there any other blockers that work on a laptop using windows 10.  My browser is Edge.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
    I have just clicked on the Manage Cookies button at the bottom of the page and clicked on reject all.  All the adverts have disappeared.  Have no idea whether it will last.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 17,209
    I wonder if @Daniel Haynes has seen this thread?

@Yviestevie I've just clicked on reject cookies. I wonder what will happen.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    Well I've had no adverts since I did it @Busy-Lizzie