Forum home The potting shed

dyson

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 1,945
    It's the fact that it is directly in the way and stops you functioning on the site. Can't seem to move it so starting a new discussion for example, is extremely difficult. If the advertisers knew that I now associate them with making me angry, frustrated and swearing to never purchase one of their products as long as there is breath in my body, would they be so keen to continue this practice?

You've just lost a potential customer, Dyson!
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 4,797
    @Biglad Speaking as someone who has, in the past, owned a dyson cleaner, I'd say that this is a wise choice and that advert may well have saved you a load of money and a lot of frustration. Annoying as the ad may be, the stuff it's advertising is much worse
    “There is no military solution
    Doesn't always end up as something worse”
  • barry islandbarry island Posts: 1,300
    The problem ad seems to have vanished now, maybe because we have a dyson cleaner and find it much better than the gtech which the wheel fell off twice!
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 1,028
    Disappeared for me too but only after I downloaded the Adblocker thingie.  I'm still unsure whether or not I have to pay for this - it's not clear.  Adblock asks for "a donation" whereas Adblock plus doesn't mention a fee.
    I suppose I'll soon find out but at least the GW Forum is useable again. 
  • TackTack Central South UKPosts: 698
    The top of the page looks like this, makes the site difficult to use. But given tech haven't fixed the rotated picture issue after months I guess we may be stuck with this glitch for a while.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,663
    Maybe some things (like adverts) are within GWonline’s control … whereas other stuff, like uploading photos etc are under the host platform’s sphere of influence?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BigladBiglad East LancashirePosts: 1,945
    It's quite ironic that multiple images are forced down my throat on the premise that I will then want to buy a hair dryer from them. Never owned one and never used one. I don't think that the outcome is likely to be the one that Dyson are looking for, do you :D 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,663
    Have you seen the price of them? A few days holiday somewhere sunny would be a cheaper way to dry my hair 🏖 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,588
    Wrapping my hair in a towel until it's fairly dry and then leaving it loose to dry off on its own is free (and I have quite a lot of hair :)). OH likes our Dyson vacuum cleaner, but if it was down to me it wouldn't be my first choice. It cleans OK but it's a bit heavy for me.
  • didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 914
    I swear that Dyson hoovers have got higher in price but worse in performance.  We loved the first one we had years ago but the second was nothing but problems. We finally ditched it in favour of a Henry and were glad of it.