Forum home The potting shed

Plant more Tomatoes - asap

KiliKili Posts: 716
Grow more tomatoes pronto for freezing or pastas   as the prices are going up.

The Brexit bonus and Covid inflation are pushing prices up

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 7,530
    Interesting article
    I've still got about 1/2 of last year's harvest in the freezer :)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • KiliKili Posts: 716
    Pete.8 said:
    Interesting article
    I've still got about 1/2 of last year's harvest in the freezer :)

Good on you Pete. A man with foresight.

'The power of accurate observation .... is commonly called cynicism by those that have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw'

• philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 907
    It sounds like the Toilet Roll thing all over again.  Tinned toms will disappear from SM shelves very shortly.
    Unfortunately, I finished my last harvested toms from the freezer last week so fingers crossed this years harvest will prove to be good - bit disappointing so far tho :(

• KiliKili Posts: 716
    It sounds like the Toilet Roll thing all over again.  Tinned toms will disappear from SM shelves very shortly.
    Unfortunately, I finished my last harvested toms from the freezer last week so fingers crossed this years harvest will prove to be good - bit disappointing so far tho :(

I've got loads at the green stage ,but we're just not getting the heat and light in enough quantity yet. At this time last year I was eating red ripe tomatoes , not a red one in sight yet.

George Bernard Shaw'

• tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,292
    Same here.  Maybe another 2 weeks to go.
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.