Forum home The potting shed

🐞CURMUDGEONS' CORNER XV🐞

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,448
    Why Oh Why does the bloody washing machine break just when you are going on holiday.  It washes fine but the flipping door wont open GRRRRR!!!!!

Where's the chocolate.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • NorthernJoeNorthernJoe Posts: 538
    I spotted in Salisbury's vegan, plant based bacon rashers!! I'm sorry but with all the fruit, vegetables, pulses, nuts, etc and all the things you can do with them why is there even a market for vegan, plant based foods that look like meat products?

Btw it's made by a well known maker of real bacon. Perhaps they are trying to get another market as meat free is becoming more common.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,990
    I feel your pain, @Yviestevie... hope you managed to beat it into submission...

My curmudge is that the 5 magpies creating havoc in the garden have become 7.  Do they operate a creche system like canada geese, I wonder?  The juvenile delinquents pull up seedlings, post pebbles through the outer cage of the peanut feeder, attempt to undo the string holding my runner bean supports together, and terrorise the small birds.
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,520

Why Oh Why does the bloody washing machine break just when you are going on holiday.  It washes fine but the flipping door wont open GRRRRR!!!!!

Where's the chocolate.
    Step one is hitting it which is my go-to fix for most things :#

Unlike the brain, the stomach warns you when it's empty.
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,468
     Northern Jo I haven't eaten meat for over 40 years, I have been told many times over many years, that. Vegetarians love meat,they just don't want to eat it. Untrue. I tried Linda McCartney sausages, I couldn't eat them because they tasted and "felt" like meat,they even look like meat.No ta
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 4,698
    B3 said:
    What on earth is in it that can make you sneeze even if you haven't swallowed it?

Possibly white pepper - it does me, anyway.

Fixing stuff - I usually start with unplug and plug it back in again. Then hit it

“There is no military solution
    Doesn't always end up as something worse”
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,677
    It's always a good idea to check the fuse before you hit it.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,056
    I saw on TV the other night, it was colder at Sunrise for the summer solstice than it was for the winter one.
    Even the " it's toooooooooooooooooo hot" wingers  must accept that that's not good?
    Devon.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,357
    It wasn't tooooooo hot on the summer solstice, it was cool, dull and drizzly. Temperatures have been OK for me this week :). If I remember rightly, December was pretty mild here so I'm not overly surprised if the temperature at sunrise on the winter solstice (getting on for half past eight) was higher than it was at around 0430 on Monday. The difference is, I'm more likely to be up and about at sunrise in December :).
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,056
    we've had the heating on again this week. ie NOT good.  :(
    Devon.