Forum home The potting shed

🐞CURMUDGEONS' CORNER XV🐞

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,819
    Chocolate every time.
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,549
    I love cured meats but can't stand Peperami. I do like the advert slogan though: "It's a bit of an animal".
    Bombay Mix is my junk snack of choice. My oldest boy has inherited the taste for it but can't quite get the name right so it will forever be known as "Bum bits" in this house.
    Unlike the brain, the stomach warns you when it's empty.
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,770
    How apt!
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,031
    Tripe and chitterlings and pigs trotters are my guilty pleasures 😋 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 6,549
    Aren't chitterlings just sausages where someone has stolen the filling?
    Unlike the brain, the stomach warns you when it's empty.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,031
    Almost … but not quite @wild edges 😉 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I looked up chitterlings. I'm not tempted but if everybody enjoyed your guilty pleasure, it wouldn't be the same😊,
    I've heard tell of vegetarians who enjoy the odd bacon sandwich.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,322
    I'm feeling very curmudgeonly indeed about the stupid and sinister 25 June song that children are being 'encouraged' to sing.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
    I don't shop for pleasure, more for necessity. But reading about how Amazon dumps stuff has made me even less inclined to pay anything at all for perfectly good stuff that they would dump if it's not sold within a certain time frame. It makes you feel like a mug to buy anything.
  • NorthernJoeNorthernJoe Posts: 549
    B3 said:
    I caught my OH having a sneaky pepperami.. I had a nibble and spat it out. Gross!. I then had a sneezing fit. What on earth is in it that can make you sneeze even if you haven't swallowed it?
    I suppose many of us have an unhealthy food pleasure - pork pies, picnics, pot noodles, Fray Bentos cow pie. Mac Donalds, KFC.  Mine's Chinese curry sauce. I suspect it's the MSG.😒

Fray Benton's factory in Uruguay is a UNESCO world heritage site. Apparently it's a historic example of early transfer of knowledge from European countries to South American countries. Or something like that.

https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1464/