Forum home The potting shed

Adam Frost book

LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 3,322
I was in The Works today (as they have cheap copies of Veg in One Bed and I really need to return the copy I've been using to the library), and I spotted this book by Adam Frost. It seems to cover quite a wide range of topics, including some basic building projects, and I thought people might be interested in it. I hadn't come across it before, and it reminded me of Geoff Hamilton's books.

'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
- Cicero

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 7,530
    He was an apprentice with Geoff - I really like his stints on GW - despite the cats...
    (I'll go hide)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,259
    I can see that being a really useful read for new gardeners (and anyone else with an interest in gardening). l'm still learning after quite a few years :) 
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,998
    Some of us are still learning after 60 years of gardening, @AnniD...   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • that does look a good book.i like Adam.but I have so many gardening books!!! I've given a lot to charity.then go into charity shops and think oo that looks good and realise it was probably one of mine...
  • that does look a good book.i like Adam.but I have so many gardening books!!! I've given a lot to charity.then go into charity shops and think oo that looks good and realise it was probably one of mine...
    Same here!
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 2,003
    Thanks to people like @the tidy gardener and @Mrs-B3-Southampton,-Hants I have lots of second hand gardening books.