Forum home The potting shed

Plants mysteriously dieing

2»

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 5,069
    leaking stray voltage? Hmm. I think that it's probably a telephone pole anyway.

If there's a road behind the hedge, I'd guess at something having been spilled on the road - petrol, oil or the like - and then washed into your garden by surface water - have you had heavy rain recently? It's a pure guess though - I've never seen anything like that
    “There is no military solution
    Doesn't always end up as something worse”
  • LoxleyLoxley Posts: 4,178
    Reminds me of damage I saw where a neighbour had been washing his patio with strong bleach and allowed it to wash off into the soil. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 74,979
    edited June 2021
    I agree @Loxley … the shape of the damaged area resembles the way liquid spreads/seeps over an area of soil 🤔 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 5,069
    edited June 2021
     the shape of the damaged area resembles the way liquid spreads/seeps over an area of soil 🤔 
    yes, that's what I was thinking - it looks water-borne, whatever it is. Fungal things spread in circles, in the main, sprays or airborne tend to be more oval-shaped. It looks like whatever is behind the hedge has had something spilled onto it and washed off into the garden.
    Without knowing what it is though, it's hard to say if it's reached a limit or will continue to leach through the soil
    “There is no military solution
    Doesn't always end up as something worse”