Forum home Problem solving

ID for Large Insect

NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,763
Everyone is just trying to be Happy.....So lets help Them.

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,014
    Who doesn't have a camera,! Obviously without a picture it's difficult
     A few years ago I was in our last garden with my youngest son,there was a I'm assuming some type of dragonfly,it was huge,as long as the palm of his hand I got him to hold it while I got the camera. It was bright yellow and blue striped,looked like it was made out of Lego. 
  • NewBoy2NewBoy2 BristolPosts: 1,763
    Quite a lot of people.

I will try elsewhere.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 70,332
    edited 14 June
    @Allotment Boy  😊 Sounds like a dragonfly to me too. 
    😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FireFire LondonPosts: 10,153
    Who doesn't have a camera?

That is an unnecessary and rude comment @Nanny Beach

• JellyfireJellyfire SuffolkPosts: 791
    edited 14 June
    Female broad bodied chasers look quite stripy in flight? https://british-dragonflies.org.uk/species/broad-bodied-chaser/
    I always have said I'm big and ugly enough to apologize,so I apologize,no rudeness was meant. I was genuinely stunned, people sneer at me my generation for having a camera,have been assured by work colleagues, family for almost 20 years for not having a smartphone,that I am absolutely the only person on the planet. There are some rude, unpleasant people and comments on this forum. I did not intend to join them and you can rest assured I am very upset
    Nanny Beach

Not a problem and I will continue to follow your comments.

I think a Grandma having to live on a beach is awful.   :'(

The lack of good social housing these days  is awful !!

Nanny I am regularly laughed at for not having a mobile phone and some people get a angry when I successfully  defend my position of not wanting GCHQ knowing where I am .
    If a mobile phone can store your preferences for burgers and pop up an advert for a burger shop as you walk past it thats very dangerous.

This generation have voluntarily given up their personal liberty with out knowing it and they are happy to pay £30.00pm.

My dad went to France for people to shoot at him for 2 years and all the freedom that he and his generation gained is gone.

Im just off to Woolworths to buy some steam for my radio !!

Nanny , things could be a whole lot worse for you..............you could be living with Me  B)

Jellyfire

Yes that looks like what I saw for about 5 seconds over the pond.

Its like when you see WW2 planes at the air show going over
    You have the small Spitfires and then the heavy bomber and thats what it looked like.
    Newboy,glad the air is cleared,don't call me "grandma" though,sounds b****y old, I was 42 when my then 21 year old daughter had my grandson. Let me tell you I was pretty blonde and glamorous. My previous boyfriends at that point we're in their 20s. Believe me it's bliss living on the beach (I don't really but it's only 10 minutes.) My youngest granddaughter gave me the moniker, because it was always,"going to see nanny at the beach"
    The spitfire goes over me several times a day