Forum home Plants

ID Please

YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,830
edited June 2021 in Plants
I have the following growing in my garden. I think one is a self seeded buddelia and the other might be a willow herb or golden rod. I’d be grateful if some could either confirm or put me on the right track

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands

• AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 10,397
    I'd agree with buddleia for the first one  :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,372
    I agree buddliea for no. 1

Dont think the second is willow herb .., think those little shoots in the leaf axils are wrong for that …. Possibly eupatorium?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 6,830
    Thanks for your responses folks.  I might leave that one @Dovefromabove, do you know if it's a thug?  The Buddelia will have to go though.
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 2,217
    edited June 2021
    I don't think it's a eupatorium, doesn't look like my eupatorium anyway. I think it maybe one of the late flowering asters 
    I think I'm just going to have to wait and see.  Don't think it's anything that I planted but there are a lot of new plants in that area and I might have just forgotten what it is. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,372
    Let’s wait and see …. 🙂
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• PickgoPickgo Posts: 3
    Could it be a penstemon?
  • EustaceEustace OxfordPosts: 1,118
    phlox?
    It seems a bit tall for a penstemon, I had thought about phlox but it doesn't seem as robust as the phlox I have, the stems are much softer.
    Does anyone think this might be lobelia compton pink.  I've checked my plant info and definitely planted one in the general area.