Forum home Problem solving

Rosa 'Lady Emma Hamilton

Hi my Rosa 'Lady Emma Hamilton is looking rather dull in the terracotta Pot.

I've been watering + a couple of handfuls of rose horse manure pellets in March & beginning of June.

Any Ideas please.

• edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 1,902
    Roses in pots need regular feeding with a liquid feed (every two weeks) or an appropriate dose of granular slow-release food (not organic).
  • corby008corby008 Posts: 29
    edhelka said:
    Roses in pots need regular feeding with a liquid feed (every two weeks) or an appropriate dose of granular slow-release food (not organic).
    Hi do you recommend any liquid feed or granular slow-release food.thanks.
  • edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 1,902
    Whatever is more practical for you.
    edhelka said:
    Whatever is more practical for you.
    Thanks.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 8,094
    Some info here regarding growing roses in pots.
    https://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/grow-plants/guide-to-growing-roses-in-pots/ 

You can buy food described as formulated for roses, but l use tomato food  :)
    AnniD said:
    Some info here regarding growing roses in pots.
    https://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/grow-plants/guide-to-growing-roses-in-pots/ 

You can buy food described as formulated for roses, but l use tomato food  :)
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.😉

• luis_prluis_pr Hurst, Texas Zone 8aPosts: 110
    Hello, corby008. Is it getting more than 6 hours of sun in that location? It does seem to be putting on a lot of foliage, which is good... sort of... just make sure the fertilizer is not very high in nitrogen.
    luis_pr said:
    Hello, corby008. Is it getting more than 6 hours of sun in that location? It does seem to be putting on a lot of foliage, which is good... sort of... just make sure the fertilizer is not very high in nitrogen.
    Hi luis_pr It gets more than 6hrs of sun + I gave it a good drink yesterday with a liquid rose feed In the water.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,120
    Austin roses have more lush foliage than other cultivars, I really don't see the foliage on yours to be excessive. Good luck with, hope it makes a full recovery. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
    Austin roses have more lush foliage than other cultivars, I really don't see the foliage on yours to be excessive. Good luck with, hope it makes a full recovery. 
    Thanks I'll keep you updated.