Forum home Plants

What is the easiest plant to grow from a seed?

Actually my yard was just falling empty. Somehow I thought Why not grow something.
Share your thoughts about What is the easiest plant to grow from a seed?

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,536
    The conditions and the plants that grow where you are in Bangladesh will be very different from here in the UK.
    Look around you to find the commonest plants in gardens or green spaces, the ones there are lots of. They will be the easiest ones to grow, but they will probably be ones you call weeds.
    They might be precious and difficult to keep alive here :)
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384
    A weed!  :D
    What's the soil like there?  It's a bit difficult for us UK-based gardeners as conditions here are quite different.  You could consider growing some native wild flowers to help local wildlife.  I found this site which describes which native wild flowers grow in various regions of Bangladesh, if you're interested:

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • A weed!  :D
    What's the soil like there?  It's a bit difficult for us UK-based gardeners as conditions here are quite different.  You could consider growing some native wild flowers to help local wildlife.  I found this site which describes which native wild flowers grow in various regions of Bangladesh, if you're interested:

Thank You
  • The conditions and the plants that grow where you are in Bangladesh will be very different from here in the UK.
    Look around you to find the commonest plants in gardens or green spaces, the ones there are lots of. They will be the easiest ones to grow, but they will probably be ones you call weeds.
    They might be precious and difficult to keep alive here :)
    Thanks
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,299
    Nasturtium is seed is big and it's easy to identify the seedlings.
    Poke your finger half way down into the soil, drop the seed in, cover the hole with soil, water and stand back.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • B3 said:
    Nasturtium is seed is big and it's easy to identify the seedlings.
    Poke your finger half way down into the soil, drop the seed in, cover the hole with soil, water and stand back.
    Thanks for your important advice!