Forum home Garden design

How to do the steps down if I extend my L shaped patio

Hello everyone, wondering if any one has any ideas for me. This is the back of my bungalow and I want to extend the patio out on both sides and take it around in an L shape from the patio doors over to the summer house.  I can't think of a way to do it as i'm suck on how to take the steps down from the patio to the lawn with the area being L shaped and higher than the lawn. Any ideas would be appreciated.  My first post, my friend told me you are all very helpful. Thank you and kind regards
Suzy

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,135
    Can you do a closer view of the area? From a couple of different spots. It's very difficult to see the area you're talking about.  :)
    Also - when you say extend the patio on both sides, where exactly do you mean, and what sort of dimensions are you considering for the patio?
    It's often best to make the steps as wide as possible, and with shallow risers, especially if the drop isn't too severe. You could have them running the whole width/length of the patio to get a more unified look  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Suzy149Suzy149 Posts: 3
    Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I will take more shots tomorrow and post. I did think afterwards that I should have put more photos up from the other side.  kind regards Suzy
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 49,135
    No problem. The more views and info you can offer, the easier it is to offer ideas  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Suzy149Suzy149 Posts: 3
    some more photo of the area