Forum home Plants

Need plant ID please for these. What are they ?

BluebelltimeBluebelltime Posts: 170

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 69,042
    Top one looks like a dandelion ... the other is possibly a tree seedling of some sort? 

I’d weed them both out. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BluebelltimeBluebelltime Posts: 170
    I planted Gypsophila for the first time and was hoping one of them my be that. Is it still worth waiting for the Gypsophila? 
    I've not grown Gypsophila from seed, but I know @WonkyWomble has ... maybe hold on until she  or someone else who's grown it from seed has had a chance to look?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 36,083
    Do you mean you've sown seed in the pots? I'd think they would have difficulty getting through that gravel.
    The others are weeds as described, so need removing. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Not seeds. I bought what looked like bare roots and planted those in the spring. 
    Ah, well neither of those seedlings are what you're waiting for ... 

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 36,083
    Definitely not gypsophila. They would have been showing by now if they'd survived. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,511
     gypsophila in white just beginning to open in the foreground intermingled with phlox
    Oh well. Will have to have another go next year !
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,511
    Don't be discouraged, mine failed 2 years ago,  I think I was impatient and sowed the seed too early.  You can buy little pots of it from nurseries and divide it up.