Forum home Plants

Presenters

dopapierdopapier Posts: 1
I really like Monty but on 4th June two lady presenters, Arit and Frances were excellent.  Many might like Adam but, sorry, I switch off.

• BenCottoBenCotto Posts: 4,691
    Is Monty a gentleman gardener? I’m sure Arit and Frances will grow into the rôles but I thought their interaction was stilted. 
    Rutland, England
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,478
    edited June 2021
    I think it must be difficult when you are in that situation. I can't recall seeing Frances and Arit working together before, and even though they are both used to presenting to camera individually, it was a bit "first day at a new job" in tone. Having to work under the new guidelines must make things difficult as well.
    It was a similar situation with Carol and Mairi on Beechgrove. It was clear that Mairi felt uncomfortable at first but as the weeks have gone by she seems to be relaxing a bit more. I think if Arit and Frances worked together more often, hopefully the same thing would happen.
  • peteSpeteS Posts: 964
    I loathe the BBC's obsession with political correctness; male presenter for years, balance that out with female presenters. BUT I must admit I really liked Arit's style of presentation. Nothing annoying, unpretentious, and clearly knows her stuff (unless she's a very believable script reader). Possible future presenter.