Forum home Plants

Are any of these worth saving?

fizzylizfizzyliz Posts: 390
No idea what these are and whether worth saving any? Thank you! 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,935
    1.  vetch
    2.  willowherb
    3.  another vetch
    4.  possibly a type of deadnettle?
    5.  a sedum of some sort ... I'd pot that up and grow it on.  Gritty freedraining mix.
    6.  maybe chickweed or possibly scarlet pimpernel https://www.ediblewildfood.com/scarlet-pimpernel.aspx
    7.  another vetch?

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• GearóidGearóid Posts: 198
    5. Looks like a cerinthe to me. I'd save that one and bin the rest 
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384
    edited June 2021
    I agree with @Dovefromabove but think 5 may possibly be a Euphorbia peplus (Petty spurge) seedling, if it is small and that's a close-up.  Worth potting-on though to check. :)
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
    I wondered about Petty Spurge too @BobTheGardener, but then saw the slightly toothed edges to the leaves ... even then I'm not 100%

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384
    Well spotted - I missed the toothed edge, so you could well be right @Dovefromabove :)
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
    The toothed edges are also a reason I discounted Cerinthe @Gearóid ... I’ve checked with my cerinthe seedlings which definitely don’t have a toothed edge 

• fizzylizfizzyliz Posts: 390
    @Dovefromabove @BobTheGardener number 5 - lovely, there’s a couple in there with the peas I’ve tried growing… I’ll save them and pot them on and get rid of the rest 😊 thanks both 👍