Forum home Plants

New planting tool

jamesholtjamesholt Central texasPosts: 420
ryobi battery powered post hole digger.  It's great for planting.  I use the 8inch for 2gallon and one gallon.  10inch for five gallon.  Will dig about 60 holes per charge

• FireFire LondonPosts: 13,908
    Is it from planting trees?

• jamesholtjamesholt Central texasPosts: 420
    I use it for anything one gallon or larger.  It's also a great post hole digger
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,302
    It takes gardening to the oil rig level...if you have hundreds of holes then I understand it, but for the average Brit this looks surreal. Laura/Garden Answer on YouTube is very keen to sell them...but then she has acres of garden and tonnes of free annuals to plant. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 745
    Everything is bigger in Texas.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,302
    Including voter suppression  :wink:
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
    I don't have very much time.  I work a lot.  I'm at the age of taking care of parents and my kids.and so anything that saves time I buy it.  I can plant something with this in less than a minute.
  • Lizzie27Lizzie27 SomersetPosts: 9,218
    Good for you, sounds a good buy in your circumstances, I'd do the same. Now I want something similar for weeding!!
    If you have YouTube watch garden answer she has some cool tools
  • SueAtooSueAtoo DorsetPosts: 237
    I bought a set of big drill type things for planting bulbs, but they need a drill with a big chuck (if that's the word) or they slip out too easily especially if they hit a stone or root.
    this one is recommended