Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS🌹🌹🌹 June ‘21

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,980
edited 1 June in The potting shed
Flaming June has arrived with the promise of wall to wall sunshine and gentle showers overnight only 😉 
And here’s the place to chat about life and stuff .... 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,980
    edited 1 June
    Good morning all 😊 
    coffee has arrived ... help yourselves ☕️ ☕️ ☕️ 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,146
    Good morning @Dovefromabove and lovely OH.
    Which Hostas have you ordered @Yviestevie ?
    Devon.
    Lovely OH says “Good morning to you’ @Hostafan1 😃 

Lovely OH says “Good morning to you’ @Hostafan1 😃 
    Aw shucks. I'm blushing o:)
    Devon.
  • SuesynSuesyn South Somerset Posts: 445
    Morning all, coffee arrives at six on the dot and coffee maker has just come back from checking the allotment. First night he hasn't closed the greenhouse and polytunnel so wanted to check that it all survived.
    Beautiful day here and as its half term we have the grandchildren here so not a lot of gardening will get done. We will get the pair of them "helping" to plant out lettuce seedlings when it's cooler this evening and we have some oak seedlings that need potting on. They planted the acorns at October half term so l l've been saving that job for them. 
  • D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, Haute Vienne/Dordogne border. FrancePosts: 3,360
    Morning all,

Beautiful here. 😎

I just realised that it's 38 years since I got married, we divorced 18 years later, but we're still good friends, it turned out that he was gay and is happily married again now to Adam. Just seeing the date shocked me and the realisation of how long ago that lovely day full of youthful hope and dreams was. 😱

Paperwork day for me today, a pile if receipts to sort out and wages to pay. I'd love to go on the garden but I really must do this or the pile will end up being overwhelming. I'm telling myself it's too hot anyway. 

Have a lovely day all, definitely seems like it's going to be a Flaming June. 😎🌞😎
    "To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." — Alfred Austin
    Hugs to you @D0rdogne_Damsel
    Devon.
  • tui34tui34 Béziers, Herault, FrancePosts: 1,291
    Good morning and a Happy Birthday to all June gardeners!

Very misty early morning and rather grey now - the sun is trying to peep through.   My entire pepper colony seem to have greenfly and the leaves are curled and growth has been stunted.  I have sprayed but I fear I have lost this year's crop.  Am going to sow some more seeds and pray for a late harvest in the Indian summer.  Grrr. Tomatoes and aubergines seem to be okay but we seem to have a lot this year.  Neighbour's broad beans are black as are my nasturtiums; verbena and cornflowers....not to mention the aphids in the roses.

Have a pleasant day everyone.
    Tui
    A good hoeing is worth two waterings.

Life is a journey of exploration and discovery eh @D0rdogne_Damsel  😉 
    some of  us married when we didn’t even know ourselves, let alone know each other or anything about ‘life’ ... Thankfully we are able to move onwards and upwards nowadays rather than be imprisoned by our youthful mistakes. 🥂 😊 🤗 

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 7,803
    You can say that again Dove, I married at 20 to the first man who asked me, probably because all my friends were doing the same - you married early in those days, had your children young, 25 years later, realized you had nothing in common and nothing to say to each other. Think it will be different 2nd time around, we're coming up for our 25th anniversary later this year. 

It's a beautiful sunny morning here, I woke up early and watched the sunrise on the wood opposite. No gardening for me this morning, I have a haircut booked so might have a wander around town and a coffee in a cafe.

Morning DD, Hostfan and Sue.