Forum home The potting shed

Do you watch Gardeners' World?

B3B3 Posts: 18,778

Do you watch Gardeners' World? 100 votes

Yes
83%
ObelixxGardengirl..Hostafan1chickyBee witchedpunkdocAuntiemandjanetfossDovefromaboveGrajeanBusy-LizzieBeaus MumPerkiMark-Ea1154Robmarstonbarry islandYviestevieLiriodendronForester_Pete 83 votes
No
17%
LynNewBoy2pansyfaceSinging GardenermadpenguinSkandidebs64micearguersAlchemistedhelkaSkylarksSlipperyElmErgatesShepherdsBarnElferKaynessieWallflowerBry 17 votes
In London. Keen but lazy.

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 2,930
    edited 31 May
    Yes
    There are only three TV programmes I make an effort to see - Gardeners’ World, Spiral (Engrénages) and Match of the Day when Leicester are on. I guess I am the only person sitting in the middle of that particular Venn Diagram.
  • BraidmanBraidman Posts: 176

Yes! to see the programme, not to see or listen to the presenters!
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,627
    No
    No. Any programme that I decide to try and watch these days inevitably consists of endless close up shots of a presenter, often walking backwards while talking to the camera, with hardly any useful film relating to the subject of the programme.

It’s all about the cult of the personality.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 7,000
    Yes
    To be honest, I'd be surprised if a large percentage of us didn't watch GW.  After all, this is the gardeners world forum...
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,778
    I used to look forward to it but now,  I don't even know when it's on.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 1,975
    No
    I don't have a TV (TV as the channels, I actually do have the device but don't watch TV on it). I've seen a couple of episodes on youtube, it doesn't seem to be worth my time.
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 9,778
    Yes
    Without fail .....every week.  It makes a lovely start to a weekend
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • gjautosgjautos BuckinghamshirePosts: 266
    Yes
    Yes. Always watch it, sometimes on catch up. I really enjoy it.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,216
    Yes
    I record it, but rarely engaged enough to actually "watch" as much as half of it.
    Devon.
  • IlikeplantsIlikeplants W Mids Posts: 585
    Yes
    Yes when I can, it’s on record. But sometimes I’m weeks behind so it’s not the right season and I delete without watching then. I’d like to watch it on a speed up control like on YouTube because presenters often speak too slowly for me.