Forum home Plants

Does anyone know that?

Serenity22Serenity22 South Yorkshire Posts: 35
I’m having some problems with my tomato plant and I don’t know what it is. 

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 4,050
    What is the problem? The photos are taken from a strange angle but I cannot see an issue.
  • Serenity22Serenity22 South Yorkshire Posts: 35
    This…
    white spots. Looking like mould. I’ve spray baking soda. Hope it helps. 🤷‍♀️ 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 33,319
    they look perfectly fine to me
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,273
    I can’t see a problem either.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 20,451
    There are little white marks along the stem, but I don't know if they are good, bad or normal.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
    Hostafan1 said:
    they look perfectly fine to me
    Nooooo, nooo, nooo, they are not fine. They are probably having some environmental issues. Not really sunny days here in South Yorkshire. The rain has ruined everything. Looking forward to next week. Loads of sun ☀️ and less rain and cold nights. 
    There are little white marks along the stem, but I don't know if they are good, bad or normal.
    I don’t think is normal. That plant is the only one like that. I’ve spray some baking soda. I really hope it helps. 🤷‍♀️ 
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 11,391
    edited May 2021
    One possibility is something called oedema (aka edema) which is basically caused by over-watering and a humid atmosphere.  The plant takes up more water than it can cope with and you get little bumps forming on leaves and stems.  It's not a big problem, but if you wait until you see the plant starting to wilt slightly before you water it, the problem may just go away.  You won't harm a tomato plant by letting it wilt slightly, and it may even spur it into flowering a little earlier. :)
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
    One possibility is something called oedema (aka edema) which is basically caused by over-watering and a humid atmosphere.  The plant takes up more water than it can cope with and you get little bumps forming on leaves and stems.  It's not a big problem, but if you wait until you see the plant starting to wilt slightly before you water it, the problem may just go away.  You won't harm a tomato plant by letting it wilt slightly, and it may even spur it into flowering a little earlier. :)
    Oh thank you so much, BobTheGardener! It’s true, humidity levels are high here. It’s indoors until next week. Too much rain and too cold nights.