Forum home The potting shed

Right.OK. Enough already.

B3B3 Posts: 18,717
I've had it with my leggy tomatoes hanging around in the porch. 
The supermarkets are and will be full of a cornucopia of tomatoes grown by someone else in optimum conditions.
They're going out tomorrow. If they choose die, ' I'll assist them. If they choose to live , I'll assist them.
I'm ready for something cheerful to welcome me when I come back from a couple of hours of hunter gathering. Etiolation is so last week😠
In London. Keen but lazy.

• FireFire LondonPosts: 10,894
    They should be fine.
  • B3B3 Posts: 18,717
    That's their problem😠
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,927
    edited 25 May
    My runner beans spent their first night outside last night ... my reasoning being that as the variety us a runner x French bean hybrid they might have inherited the French beans tolerance against slightly lower temperatures. 

The tomatoes and squashes have been outside for a few hours on sunny days ... they’ll have to move out of my painting studio very soon ... it’s them or me folks ... 👩🏻‍🎨  -v- 🍅 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FireFire LondonPosts: 10,894
    The weather in London should be calming in the next few days and night and day temps are pulling up.
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 666
    Cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers are all needing to go out ….. fed up waiting. Pretty much given up on the flower seeds in the us heated greenhouse. Last year they were beautiful by now, this year they have either just emerged or given up!
  • WatsoniaWatsonia Posts: 68
    Completly agree. My lounge is starting to resemble a set from the day of the triffids. I also have managed to damage a few tomato plants by shuffling them outside during the few sunny hours and I had enough. They will be in the ground by the end of the week, come what may.
  • didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 702
    I think all of us have had enough and it looks as if the frosts are over and the weather is going to be much better come the end of the week - so out everything goes and stuff that's already out - into the ground with it. Pot washing and general tidying and cleaning up follows.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 39,390
    It was 4 degrees here last night. My toms are only in the greenhouse for a while through the day - they're usually out there by early to mid May. They'll hopefully be in there permanently from this weekend though.
    The kitchen windows are full of greenery, and it looks odd now when I put the toms out.  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,235
    Much further south than you lot and generally brighter sun - when we have some - but all my toms and chillies are in the unheated polytunnel and all still small.  Squashes and courgettes are also still in the polytunnel and needing planting out but not while night's are cold.

Dahlias are mostly outside in their pots but not yet planted out.  They are all huddled up close like Emperor penguins and are doing OK.

Ornamental seedlings are very slow to germinate and the few that have are slow to grow.   I reckon it's all a good 6 weeks behind where they were last year. 
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw