Forum home Plants

Do strawberry plants like coffee ground?

Serenity22Serenity22 South Yorkshire Posts: 35
I have some french inspired coffee that I don’t use it and would like to know if I can sprinkle on my strawberry plants and also blueberry tree. I’ve tried google it, but some websites recommended and some don’t. Anyone with experience????

• amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 2,292
    Probably better off passing it on to a human to consume 😉
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • Serenity22Serenity22 South Yorkshire Posts: 35
    Probably better off passing it on to a human to consume 😉
    Lol
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 41,327
    Coffee is regarded as acidic, which may be useful for blueberries, but it's better to give them a suitable soil medium and a proprietary feed if in pots, or grow in the ground if the soil is right. They need very little help if the latter. 
    Totally unnecessary for strawberries. A high potash food is the best feed - tomato food for example.

A common theory is that coffee grounds help keep slugs away.
    It's nonsense  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Serenity22Serenity22 South Yorkshire Posts: 35
    Thank you, Fairygirl. 
  • Fairygirl said:
    Coffee is regarded as acidic, which may be useful for blueberries, but it's better to give them a suitable soil medium and a proprietary feed if in pots, or grow in the ground if the soil is right. They need very little help if the latter. 
    Totally unnecessary for strawberries. A high potash food is the best feed - tomato food for example.

A common theory is that coffee grounds help keep slugs away.
    It's nonsense  :)
    Agree with it, but there are a lot of kinds of coffee grounds and beans(review) which got different chemical compositions and properties. Anyways, I'd to recommend it but just a little and combine with other fertilizers
    Cheers!