Forum home Plants

Change of colour

2»

• Zahid_63cZahid_63c Posts: 121
    I think I'll just buy a watering and do weekly 
    Which size is ideal for plants planted in border? 
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,011
    15 litres per shrub.
    Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Does that apply to buxus cones too?
    I have 4 of them 
    It depends on their size and whether they're in the ground or in containers.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,889
    Obelixx said:
    It depends on their size and whether they're in the ground or in containers.
    I think the OP has them in the raised bed shown here
    https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/1052474/help-and-advise-needed/p1

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Yes they are the ones
    So the two tress 15l once a week 
    How much for the buxus?
    Should I use tomato feed?
    How much and how often 
    I'm a total novice!! 
    Try 15 litres for those too.  Tomato feed is balanced to promote flowers and fruit.  You want a higher nitrogen content feed for foliage.

It's a case of reading the labels and, if you can, choosing organic rather than inorganic as these are better for soil organisms.  Do not exceed the concentrations indicated on the packet or bottle.   Do not feed after mid-July or you'll promote soft, sappy new growth that hasn't time to mature and ripen before the frosts arrive.