Forum home The potting shed

"No Mow May"

KT53KT53 Posts: 5,424
Somebody has been having a laugh with this idea.  Unless I get a mower with floats I've had no chance of cutting the grass even if I wanted too :#

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,440
    Try a scythe KT. 😀
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 6,490
    Mower with floats!
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 18,440
    Mower with floats!
    Flymo
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 Posts: 18,682
    Can't Cut the Grass May here too.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 4,366
    I've been cutting mine about every 4 or 5 days. It's started growing really fast with all this lovely rain, making up for lost time I guess. It grew very little in April.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 328
    I've left my small front lawn this month and just kept the edging tidy, trimming short around 6 inch from the edge.  It hasn't grown as much as I'd have thought,  I'm thinking the lack of cutting has slowed its rate down. 
  • Mine looks like a meadow cos I've never been bothered about weedkilling.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 10,877
    edited 24 May
    My new next door neighbour hasn't turned her attention to the garden yet and the grass hasn't been cut this year. It will be interesting to see what happens. The frogs will enjoy it. Even without many flowers, it makes for good cover for little critters.
  • ErgatesErgates Devon, east of ExeterPosts: 592
    Our grass seems to have grown in clumps rather than overall. There are lots of wild flowers on two sections, but one lawn doesn’t seem to have many flowers at all, quite a lot of moss as usual, it’s in shade from trees. Seriously considering converting one section to a moss lawn. We have plenty of grass in other areas of the garden, so wouldn’t miss it, and it is rather a losing battle trying to keep the moss down. Will do a bit of reading up on that.
    Dreading the first attempt at grass cutting though.
  • That's what my OH is for!