Forum home Plants

Plant fair

Just been to a plant fair, the first in over a year and it was so wonderful to be able to speak to nursery men and women! Get some good advice and obviously buy some Plants! 
Anybody else been to plant fairs recently?!

• CamelliadCamelliad SussexPosts: 402
    Yes, I went along to one yesterday. It's held every year on the village green and was cancelled last year, so many of the plants were quite big, having put on an extra year's growth.

I agree, it was wonderful to be around other gardeners and chat over the plants / compare notes. I picked up a few lovely plants and was hugely envious of the couple that had brought with them an enormous wheelbarrow to cart home their purchases!
  • PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,988
    Been to two of then this year, One at  Cholmondeley Castle and yesterday in the Dorothy Clive Garden. Lot more of them to come too.

• didywdidyw East SuffolkPosts: 2,552
    Your plant fair looks lovely @the tidy gardener.  We didn't have sunshine at the little plant fair we went to and it wasn't as large as it normally is because some nurseries cancelled due to the wind and rain we've been having.  But it was enjoyable to chat to the nurserymen and women and bump into friends.  I run a garden market in our market town, usually in May, but had to cancel last year and this. Our market has stalls lining each side of one of our main roads, which is closed for the day, so no way we could control the crowds - and normally we get thousands coming!  But I am going to put it on in September and everyone was happy to hear that.  But not the herb nursery who of course is all sold out by June each year.