Forum home The potting shed

Why people don't use this forum.

• gjautosgjautos BuckinghamshirePosts: 274
    Oohh didn't know i could dismiss them! I just scroll past them. Dismissed remember now. 
  • gjautosgjautos BuckinghamshirePosts: 274
    Dismissed them now! It appears I need to read some guff on typing!
  • AstraeusAstraeus Posts: 201
    Amazing, I did not know they could be dismissed. Herewith disappears one of the three annoying features of the forum. Now if only photographs would upload properly (rather than at 90 degrees), I'd be left only with adverts. And that I can tolerate.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,398
    Astraeus said:
    Amazing, I did not know they could be dismissed. Herewith disappears one of the three annoying features of the forum. Now if only photographs would upload properly (rather than at 90 degrees), I'd be left only with adverts. And that I can tolerate.
    If you use AdblockPlus you don't even need to see the adverts!!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Chris-P-BaconChris-P-Bacon Posts: 483
    Just contact the moderator if you have a suggestion. Threads like this just clutter the forum ...yes, I know I've just added to it. 😒
  • SkylarksSkylarks East MidlandsPosts: 379
    If this thread didn’t exist, I wouldn’t know you could dismiss the announcements. The announcements didn’t stop me using this forum, I just scrolled past them and now I don’t need to anymore 👏 😃
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,716
    Just contact the moderator if you have a suggestion. Threads like this just clutter the forum ...yes, I know I've just added to it. 😒

Having information in 'How to' about the ways to contact moderators would be helpful. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 41,327
    No, I'm speaking to those who run it. Certainly not you.
    Being rude to people who respond isn't helpful. Utterly bizarre reaction.
    Contact the people who run the site if you have a problem with it. They don't spend their time reading the forum.  :)

When the site was renovated a few years ago, those threads were put in place to help new people use it. Judging by the amount of new folk using the forum, I'd say that negates the thread title.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen Spain.Posts: 5,123
    Well if the first post a newcomer read was one of your pointless, sarky posts, that would be reason enough to quit immediately.