Forum home The potting shed

Why people don't use this forum.

InglezinhoInglezinho Posts: 558
edited 22 May in The potting shed
Because of all the cr*p they have to read at the top. Surely this should go somewhere else.
Everyone likes butterflies. Nobody likes caterpillars.

• celcius_kkwcelcius_kkw Posts: 689
    You have the option of turning off the announcements at the top of the page..
  • InglezinhoInglezinho Posts: 558
    No, I'm speaking to those who run it. Certainly not you.
    Everyone likes butterflies. Nobody likes caterpillars.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 29,156
    As you seem to be implying you're speaking on behalf of those who don't use the Forum, can you provide evidence that you've spoken to everyone on the planet who " don't use the forum" please.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,998
    edited 23 May
    You have the option of turning off the announcements at the top of the page..
    Have you done the above?

I never see any of those announcements/instructional sections any more. Haven’t seen them for years. 

They’re placed  where they are to help the many new posters  ... they read them once or twice, learn how to do the things and then follow the instructions to Dismiss them so they disappear. 

They are still available to consult if needed. 

So @Inglezinho ... why don’t you do what everyone else does and then you won’t have to read the cr*p.
    😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pauline 7Pauline 7 West Yorkshire Posts: 2,033
    I thought he meant the adverts  😚. I forget that the announcement threads used to appear there. I bookmarked them, then dismissed them,  so if I ever need them I can find them easily.  The only time I see one now is if anyone posts on it, or access it through my bookmarks . 
  • WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 1,227
    @Pauline 7 and @Dovefromabove I being a total tech idiot didn't realise I could get rid of them messages, I happily just scrolled past them 🤣🤣. I have now found a dismiss button, who knew such things existed, and like Paul Daniels I've made them all vanish 😀😀
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,998
    Yay! @Wilderbeast  😆 I’m sure it says how to do that  somewhere at the top of all the guff ... not sure where ‘cos it’s a very long time since I’ve seen any of that ... but I’m sure it’s there ... or else how would the rest of us have known how to do it 🤔 

But at least it didn’t put you off posting here 😃 👍 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• WilderbeastWilderbeast East YorkshirePosts: 1,227
    Ah you see @Dovefromabove once I realised all that guff was pointless and not about plants or gardening I just ignored it all. My day is now near perfect, the sun is shining, am going to cut the grass,  harvesting new potatoes later, mum is coming for tea and NO MORE GUFF 😀😀
  • nick615nick615 SW IrelandPosts: 815
    Having spent some 35 years in an industry that was based on 'not knowing everything, but knowing where to look for what I didn't know', I don't find the 'guff' a problem.  It's like the books on my shelf I rarely look at, but will never throw away.