Forum home Garden design

We're you at it in the 70's?!

• LG_LG_ Posts: 4,346
    I bought some chocolate Pop tarts a few weeks ago 🤭. Saw them in Aldi and hadn't seen them for years and years. They were... very nice indeed! I'm now craving Fundus crispy pancakes. Oh dear.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • dappledshadedappledshade Posts: 1,017
    With the ultra fake orange, plasticky melted cheese inside, yum.
  • FireFire Posts: 18,963
    Little Chef Jubilee Pancakes! Another thing thing seen in ads that I never got to try.
  • B3B3 Posts: 27,312
    Bottom of the end freezer in the first row in the Sainsbury's hypermarket. Didn't look too carefully so they might have been own brand. @LG_
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    Bell Green?
    I think you and I had similar experiences, @Fire - I absolutely coveted things like Soda Stream, Toast Toppers and the like, building them up in my mind to things of great beauty. Tried very few and those I did get to sample were  almost always very disappointing. Ice Magic especially. And the previous description of Toast Toppers was very accurate! Chunky Chicken, anyone?

I had never had a crispy pancake until I was much too old for them and thought they sounded disgusting. In the early 90s my current partner in introduced me to them and they weren't so bad, in a processed strangeness sort of way.
    - Cicero
  • dappledshadedappledshade Posts: 1,017
    edited May 2021
    What was the name of that chocolate ice cream topping stuff, that you squirted on and then it went hard? Maybe that was 80s too...
    Another thing my mum never allowed us to try.
    Ice Magic.
    The stuff that dreams are made of. As long as you don't actually try it!
    - Cicero
  • FireFire Posts: 18,963
    ICE MAGIC! And does anyone remember the best of all - Chocolate Lovelies - almost like a parfait - a cross between a chocolate mouse and an ice cream with little frozen nobs of cream on the top? Heaven. Why on earth they discontinued those I have no idea. I discover there is a petition to bring back Lovelies! 🤣

I aways begged for Ice Magic, but my parents never went in for such things. Oh for a Soda Stream and a Scalextric.

I might need to get some saxifragia soon, just to get them out of my system.
    OMG I have probably eaten my own weight in those. No recollection of them being called Lovelies, and I'd completely forgotten they existed, but oh my goodness. Memories.
    - Cicero
    London Pride? I've still got one sitting here in a pot for @B3
    - Cicero